Thursday, February 12, 2009

Something for Mothers to think about...

"A mother has far greater influence on her children than anyone else, and she must realize that every word she speaks, every act, every response, her attitude, even her appearance and manner of dress affect the lives of her children and the whole family. It is while the child is in the home that gains from his mother the attitudes, hopes, and beliefs that will determine the kind of life he will live and the contribution he will make to society." -N. Eldon Tanner

This quote is something I have been pondering for a while now and just wanted to share.

5 comments:

Ambrea said...

Great quote! I love it! That's a lot of pressure on us mothers!

LaPointe Photo Images said...

I love this quote too. It is SO true. I think about the example my mom was to me and am so grateful to have had such a wonderful mother. It makes it easier for me to want to be the same way for my kids.

Marc and Stacy said...

I love that! Thank you so much for posting!

Anna Min said...

Sorry I'm late, but Happy Birthday! You look beautiful in your family picture! Congrats on the 16 lbs and keep going strong! In other cultures, birthdays are not so much celebrated as are the accomplishments...sounds like you're going to make 30 count as both:)

Chelsy said...

Thanks for the quote Court. I'm passing it on to my counselor who is teaching the next RS Presidency message in March on "womanhood and motherhood"!

About Us

My photo
Fair Oaks, California, United States
We were married in June of 2004. We have 2 beautiful Children Andalyn who is 4 and Ryan who is 2. We love life and doing things together as a family!