Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Success on the Potty and a Hair Cut!

Well....This last Thursday was a big day for Andalyn. After playing with her cousin Eden, who is about 9 months older than her, she decided she wanted to were panties and use the toilet. This is a HUGE triumph!!! We have been trying to get this girl potty trained since June. When they say "they have to be ready" it is so true! All it took on this specific day was seeing that Eden was a big girl and used the potty. From that point on, Andalyn has been wearing panties and hasn't had any accidents!! That's 6 days with no oopsies!! So a big THANK YOU to Eden for being such a big girl and showing Andalyn how it's done!

This is a pictures of Eden and Andalyn at Andalyn's 3rd birthday party.


Looking at the pictures above brings me to the next part of Andalyn's big day on Thursday! She hasn't had her hair cut, other than her bangs since she was born. You can see above that she has this long pony tail with the perfect little ringlet of a curl in it. Well this is how I did her hair 99% of the time because it looked really long and stringy if I left it down. I have been fighting cutting it for a while, however since she was turning a new leaf with potty training I thought we would give her a new look too. :) So after her bath that night I cute the most perfect little lock of hair off of her sweet head.




It doesn't look like it but if you straitened this curl it ends up being like 5 inches long. Andalyn went from looking like a baby to looking like a big girl in minutes. Here is our beautiful girl with her new hair cut.






It's has been bitter sweet these past 6 days...I am seeing that my baby girl isn't such a baby anymore. I love you Andalyn Belle and Daddy and I are so proud of you!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so hard to see them grow up, isn't it? Your kids are so darling. Congratulations to Andalyn on her big achievement and her new haircut. All sorts of changes this year: a "big girl" booster seat and now this. Wow! Love you guys!

Anna Min said...

Congratulations, Andalyn! The hair cut is so cute! Amazing was cutting a few locks can do...

Drennan Crew said...

Potty training is not easy, but it is so much nicer when it is all done. Now you only have one set of diapers instead of two. Much cheaper let me tell ya! Anyway, the girls and I are coming up the week of the 25th. We should get together and have the kids play one of the days. I would love to see you and meet Ryan. Let me know if you are free one day that week.

Ambrea said...

It is such a bitter sweet watching your kids grow up...I know how you feel! Great job on the haircut, Andalyn looks so cute!

Marc and Stacy said...

Wow, that was a lot of hair! I didn't realize that because her hair was always up. I am so proud of her with the potty. Maybe soon, Montana will pick up after Andalyn. Just today she walked by the bathroom where Andalyn went potty at our house the other day and said, "Andalyn go pee!" Haha...so at least she's remembering! :) YEA FOR BIG GIRL ANDALYN!

LaPointe Photo Images said...

What a big girl! Yay for Andalyn! How time flies.. I remember when she was born and such a teeny baby. Can't wait to see you guys. I'm going to be in sac for almost two weeks starting Monday.We ALL need to get together. I was telling my mom it would be fun for all the girls and kids to go to Johns Incredible Pizza. So ask your mom what she thinks. I've never been there so you'll have to tell me if you think we need to meet somewhere else with all our little ones. Love ya!
Christie

Anonymous said...

I LOVE IT! super cute hair cut!

Heather said...

Good job Andalyn! Oh and her hair cut turned out very cute!

About Us

My photo
Fair Oaks, California, United States
We were married in June of 2004. We have 2 beautiful Children Andalyn who is 4 and Ryan who is 2. We love life and doing things together as a family!