Sunday, January 25, 2009

Happy Birthday to our Sweet Boy!!

Dear Ryan,

I can't believe this day has already come! It seems like yesterday we were blessed to have you join our family. My labor and Delivery wasn't the easiest with you, and didn't go as planed. After laboring for 12 hours you were delivered as an emergency c-section. Your heart rate plummeted and so did Mommy's blood pressure. By the second time it happened you were not recovering from the drop. The Dr's got you out so fast and you were just fine. Mommy and Daddy were so grateful! We already loved you from the moment we found out we were pregnant.

Now it's a year later and you have enriched our lives so much. You have brought so much joy and laughter into our home. You have grown from being this itty bitty boy into this handsome little man whom we can't live without! I would say the thing that makes you stand out from any other is the hugs and squeezes you give. You have been giving these hugs since you were just a few months old. I can not tell you the feelings I get when you wrap your little arms around my neck and squeeze like there is no tomorrow. You even add a little "ahhh" sound like you really know it is a sign of love. You absolutely love your big sister...if she isn't home you are lost. She does so many things to entertain you and you just eat it up. She has become very attached to you and is always making sure you are ok and taken care of. Your Daddy loves you so much! I know you and your Daddy will have many wrestling matches as he already rolls you around all over the ground, all along you giggling away! You are definitely a Mama's boy! You give me the flirty eyes, and always can't get enough of being with your Mommy! I love it! I will take it as long as it lasts. :) Please know that you are a very loved little boy....one that is very special and will do great things in this life. Know that you have a Father in Heaven that watches over you and loves you very much. You also have been blessed to be born into a family that has a testimony of our Savior Jesus Christ. Depend on him and look to him as an example. We look forward to watching you grown in this coming year.

Love you buddy!

Mommy, Daddy & Andalyn

4 comments:

Marc and Stacy said...

Happy Birthday to my little smoochie. This kid lights up my life- seriously. I just love to walk into the room and when we see each other just the smile he gives me. I have to agree that his little bear hugs are a one of a kind special thing-I think they are the eighth wonder of the world. His hugs are one of my favorite things in the world!
Love you buddy boy-so much!

The Petersen 5 said...

Awww! Happy Birthday Ryan! Is it just me or did this last year go by way too fast????

Ryan and Kristina said...

What a cute picture! I am so ready for another baby. They just grow too fast, so I want to keep having babies. I love the babies. They are more work, but easier at the same time. I don't know. I guess cause for a while they sleep a lot and don't sass, and don't run away. Those are the good times! Happy Birthday Ryan! Sorry I am late! Sorry we won't be able to come to the party. Hope it is a great birthday celebration for you Buddy. Well, if your Mom is in charge, it will be awesome!

Ambrea said...

Happy Birthday Ryan!!! Boy do they grow up fast!!! :( I just try to breathe it all in every day!

About Us

My photo
Fair Oaks, California, United States
We were married in June of 2004. We have 2 beautiful Children Andalyn who is 4 and Ryan who is 2. We love life and doing things together as a family!