Monday, December 15, 2008

Our visit to Santa...

On Friday night I took the kids to Elk Grove to attend my parents ward Christmas party. Dave was working....we missed you honey!! Santa was going to be there and I wanted to make sure that we got the kids pictures taken with Santa this year. Last year Dave actually played Santa at my parents ward Christmas party. Andalyn still was freaked out when I went to put her on his lap. She was barley 2 years old so we thought if when she was on his lap he could say "see baby it's just daddy" well for 1 that didn't work at that moment as you can see below, I had to sit on his lap first (8 months pregnant!!)...and 2 she hasn't forgotten that daddy was "Santa" So this year I wanted to make sure she knew Daddy wasn't Santa.

Andalyn and Montana not love'n Santa! last year!

"Santa", Mommy and Andalny barley tolerating Santa last year.
After some talks and seeing Santa on Friday night I think Andalyn is over the "Daddy is Santa" phase...poor thing, we work so hard to get her to believe in Santa and that he's not Daddy....just to tell her later in life she was right all along. :)

Ryan had no problems sitting on Santa's lap...I had him go first so that Andalyn would see that it was ok, cause the second she saw him she was scared. Here is how Ryan's turned out...
And here is Andalyn's....at least she didn't require me to sit on his lap first...this Santa wasn't my husband. :)

We had a lot of fun....thank you mom and dad for always including us in your ward Christmas parties. It's hard to go to my own wards Christmas party and tackle my kids by myself since Dave works on weekends.
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!

2 comments:

Marc and Stacy said...

You got some great pictures this year! I didn't even recognize that was my daughter in that first one at first. They grow too fast...it makes me sad. Montana did a little better this year at our ward Christmas party, but not amazing. It looks like each year gets a little easier. Unless of course you're mister Ryan who is sweet as pie. :)

Rachel said...

Your kids are adorable! I can't believe how happy Ryan was to just sit there, Jack didn't fare as well this year! I hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas!

{I saw that your husband works weekends. What does he do? Mine works weekends as well. He's a real estate agent.}

About Us

My photo
Fair Oaks, California, United States
We were married in June of 2004. We have 2 beautiful Children Andalyn who is 4 and Ryan who is 2. We love life and doing things together as a family!