Monday, August 4, 2008

Thousand Trails Camping

Last Thursday, Friday and Saturday we went camping at Thousand Trails, Lake of the Springs. I have been camping here with my family, and extended family since I was like 3 years old. Most of my memories of summers when I was little, take place at Thousand Trails. My cousins and I would have a blast playing together and spending all day at the beach4, I believe this is why we are all so close to this day. We spent all of our summers together.

I was so excited to take Dave and the kids there and show them "my camping grounds". When we arrived my aunt sue, my cousins Christy and her baby girl Izzy, Brittany and her 3 boys Briaten, Christian and Ashton, Sharsten and her sweet girl Eden, my mom and sisters Whitney, Nicole, Tiffany, and Stacy with Montana Belle where already at the site. We met them at the lake for the day. We spent about 2-3 hours at the beach. Andalyn was in heaven! She loves to swim and play in the sand. To be able to do that for hours on end just made her day!

Once we were done at the beach we headed to the campsite to set up our tent. A big thanks to Whitney and Dave for actually getting the tent up. We hadn't used it in like 4 years and I had every intention of setting it up before we left just to make sure we had all of the pieces, however ran out of time before we had to leave. Well when Dave and Whitney went to go set up the tent they found that most of the poles that hold the tent up where not attached where broken. With a lot of will power and duck tape they got it up. It was a little miss shaped however it served it's purpose.

For the next 2 1/2 days it was lots of sun sand and water.

Here are some pictures of all of the camping fun...
The beautiful view from the beach



all of the kids playing
my sweet girl
this is my favorite picture of Andalyn, she's in deep thought on the beach.


Andalyn going to fill her bucket up with water
"yeah, the water feels ok"

The girls
My two boys take'n a nap on the beach
Whit and Dave chatt'n...they're buds.
Eden showing us her swimming skills.

"But mom, I'm trying to build a sand castle, don't tell me to say cheese again!"

Our little fish, Tiffany.

Montana not wanting to wear the life jacket.
Nicole and Andalyn play'n in the sand.
Andalyn burring grandma's feet in the sand.
Montana and Andalyn chill'n at the camp site.
Dave and Whitney on the bumper boats.
Andalyn and Montana playing Rodeo with the inflatable alligators. It looks like Montana got bucked off. :)
We love you thousand Trails!!!!!!!

7 comments:

Marc and Stacy said...

I agree, it would have been fun to spend more time up there. I wish Dad could have come! It was so much fun! Can't wait for next year! Love you!

just us said...

Looks like so much fun!!! I LOVE camping!

Whitney Petersen said...

yeah... we totally jank-a-fied your guys tent. i dont even know how it stayed up! (: but the whole trip was lots of fun! love you court!

Heather said...

It's always nice to get away and it looks like you guys had a great time! Good job Dave and Whitney on the tent! :)

Welcome to Newman's World said...

Hey thanks for the support and Congrats on your weight loss... It's really hard!

The Petersen 5 said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! Like I told Stacy I think the Petersen side needs a family Reunion!!!

Strebel's said...

Hey Courtney.. this is Mandy.. we used to work together at Stockmans Back.. I saw your comment on Anna'a blog.. and wanted to say Hi.. I'm now living in Utah.. and Joe and I had our first baby Cooper in June.. Hope you are doing well.. check out our blog at strebels.blogspot.com

About Us

My photo
Fair Oaks, California, United States
We were married in June of 2004. We have 2 beautiful Children Andalyn who is 4 and Ryan who is 2. We love life and doing things together as a family!