Friday, July 25, 2008

Our first trip to the beach

Dave has been on vacation for the past week and has this next coming week off. In fact we kicked it off with our Date night last weekend. I can't remember the last time Dave was able to take vacation time and actually use it as vacation time. The last few years he has had to use it to move us back and forth from Albuquerque. Well, because we have been able to do some fun things as a family this week we decided to take the kids on their first trip to the beach. We went to a beach in Pacifica off Hwy 1 just south of San Francisco.

I have to say that I couldn't of asked for my kids to be better on the trip there and back. We had no fits or crying episodes. They were angels! Dave and I were so surprised because given past history, of them hating being in their car seats for any amount of time, they did amazingly well.
When we left our house on Wednesday morning it was in the 80's and sunny, however when we got to the beach it was in the low 60's and very windy and overcast. So needless to say we didn't go swimming, but had a great time on the beach. Andalyn was afraid of the ocean because the waves were very loud and huge. She went down to the water with daddy, but after about 2 times of the waves rolling in she was done and wanted to build a sand castle with her new buckets and shovel.


Ryan had a good time as well. He hung out on a blanket under an umbrella. He eventually fell asleep and took a nice relaxing nap on the beach with the noise of the waves in the back ground. Gosh that sounds nice, wish I had a chance to do that. :)

It was a great trip. It was nice to go somewhere as a family and enjoy each others company doing something we hadn't ever done together. I am really looking forward to this next coming week that Dave has off. Monday is Dave's birthday and we are dropping the kids off at my mom's and heading up to Reno for an over night trip. We are seeing a band called "Paramore" in concert that night. I have some of their music on my blog if you want to check them out. They are a Christian based Rock band so they aren't too hard core and don't sing about negative things. We really like them. We also have a camping trip planned at the end of next week. We are going to Thousand Trails up past Marysville, CA. It is a camp ground I grew up going to every summer with my family and my mom's side of the family. Of all of my memories of being young, the camping trips have to be some of my favorites. I can't wait to bring Dave and my own kids to make some new memories there.
I love having Dave home, why can't every week be vacation? :)

2 comments:

Welcome to Newman's World said...

That looked like so much fun.... Don't you just love having your hubby home, i just hate the part when they go back to work cause you miss them even more...Enjoy your next trip and have lots of fun!!!!

Marc and Stacy said...

So fun! I love the beach, (not the cold water though.) There is something so special about the ocean that makes you just think of the vastness of this beautiful world. It's so serene...sounds like Mr. Ryan had the most wonderful time of all. That's exactly what I would have loved to do...just enjoy a nice beach nap! CUTE CUTE CUTE pictures. Have I told you how glad I am that you finally decided to do a blog??

About Us

My photo
Fair Oaks, California, United States
We were married in June of 2004. We have 2 beautiful Children Andalyn who is 4 and Ryan who is 2. We love life and doing things together as a family!