Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Words can not explain but I will try...

I have been really reflective the last few weeks and especially the last few days. I feel like I have been, and continue to be on, a spiritual journey. It's been a very enjoyable one. I feel like I have really grown to recognize the spirit in my life, whether it's just a presence or promptings. In the process of all this I really have opened my eyes to how incredibly blessed I am. I mean, I know I am blessed and have a good life, but actually really standing still often, and really taking it all in. First of all I am blessed to have this wonderful gospel in my life. Without it I don't think I would have much direction. I have a wonderful husband. Through all of our ups and downs I really feel we are truly connected and in sync, I love him more than words can say. He is the love of my life. I learn everyday how wonderful he is by watching him put me and the kids first and very rarely thinking of himself. I have 2 beautiful children that when I look in their eyes I can truly feel the love they have for me. I know that may sound selfish in a sense, however because I love them so incredibly much, it is a wonderful feeling to look into their eyes and feel it with a connection that will never be broken between us. I am a better person because of my children. I have absolutely wonderful parents who taught me to be a good and honest person. I can't even begin to explain the love I have for them. I have amazing in-laws. I'm not just saying that I really do. I know that a lot of people aren't as lucky as I am. They are truly loving and giving people who my kids and I are so lucky to have in our life. They raised and amazing son, and I am reaping the benefits of that. My brothers and sisters...I have the most amazing bond with my brothers and sisters. I could list each and every one and name the reasons why, but I have 6 of them. This wouldn't be a post, it would be a book. I love them so much. And my friends, I have a few friends that I have had since the beginning of time. They are such wonderful people and have truly touch my life for many years. It is so nice to have life long friends that you can share things with and grow together. These are just a few things that I have had on my mind lately and felt I needed to share it somehow, and I thought this would be appropriate. I am truly happy in my life, and I know not everyone can say that. I know there are times in my life when I wasn't happy, and knowing what unhappy feels like makes me very aware of my blessing of being happy. Thanks to those of you who read this....these are truly feelings from my heart.

5 comments:

Heather said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Courtney. I know what you mean about understanding the difference between unhappy and happy. Happy is a great feeling!

Marc and Stacy said...

I am so happy that you wrote this, because I am happy, knowing you are happy. You have always been a constant rock for me to have in my life. Truly an older sister I have always looked up to, and always will. No one puts things into perspective for me the way you do. Brothers and sisters naturally have an amazing bond from the same upbringing, but I truly feel like ours is a unique bond. We sometimes couldn't be more different...we've always been different people. We admire each other for our differences and truly want and wish the best for each other. I'm so grateful for that in my life, because I realize that not everyone gets to have those relationships with their family and siblings. I always know that you are going to be on my side yet give me very objective, wise advice. You are the ONE person in my life, who is not afraid to tell me when I'm being stupid, and it doesn't bother me...because I know you are trying to help. AHH, I could go on and on, and write a blog book. But you have always been an amazing example to me, and I'm so grateful that you are in my life as a best friend and a sister. I love you. Thank you for sharing your testimony with me, as yours is a huge reason that I have mine.

Anonymous said...

i love hearing your testimony. you are such an amazing women. you may not know it, but you had a big impact on my life growing up together as teenagers, thank you for that.
love anna

Van Duren Family said...

Thank you for sharing a piece of your heart. You are very special. I am grateful to know you. Your post really touched me.

Kevin and Andrea said...

I really enjoyed your post. I love that we can have moments like this in our lives, when everything seems so clear and right. It reminds me of what is important, and sometimes that gets lost in the crazy day to day life. Thanks for the reminder for me!

About Us

My photo
Fair Oaks, California, United States
We were married in June of 2004. We have 2 beautiful Children Andalyn who is 4 and Ryan who is 2. We love life and doing things together as a family!