Friday, December 4, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009


We have so much to be thankful for this year. We have a roof over our heads, an income to support our little family, extended family whom we love and appreciate, a free land to live in, and the Gospel in our lives! I love that we have a time of year to reflect on what we are truly thankful for although it is something that should be on our minds daily. I know I could be better about being more appreciate to those around me and my Heavenly Father for all that I enjoy.

This year we were lucky enough to celebrate Thanksgiving twice! On Wednesday the 25th we went to my in-laws home for a beautiful thanksgiving dinner. My Mother In-Law made most of the yummy food, however I was able to make the stuffing. I have never attempted to make homemade stuffing before however thought I would attempt it this year. I turned out really good. I really got into cooking this year. I really had never before. We enjoyed the company of my In-Laws and shared in some delicious pie's my Mother In-Law made.

We then, on Thursday the 26th, headed to my Mom and Dad's for a traditional McFadyen's side Thanksgiving with about 25-30 people and enough food to feel almost twice that. :) It was delicious though!! I love having such a large family! However I do love having a small family on the Cashdollar side. Best of both worlds!! :) Everyone that came for Thanksgiving at my mom's all brought something to share. I was asked to bring mashed potatoes. I had again, never made mashed potatoes for that many people. After peeling 27 potatoes and adding a few things they turned out pretty good. I also made a pumpkin spice cake with cream cheese frosting. This was a recipe I got from a women in my ward and it was wonderful. I ate way too much of it! We all enjoyed visiting with each other and getting caught up.

To all of you, the Cashdollar Family hopes you had a great Thanksgiving!!
Courtney's Cooking adventures....with some little helpers!
Here is the stuffing that I took to my In-Laws.
The pumkin spice cake before frosting.
and...my little potatoe helpers. We are all in our jammies since we had to get an early start with so many potatoes to peel, cut and cook. :)

No comments:

About Us

My photo
Fair Oaks, California, United States
We were married in June of 2004. We have 2 beautiful Children Andalyn who is 4 and Ryan who is 2. We love life and doing things together as a family!