Thursday, February 5, 2009

I'm ok with 29!


So today is my birthday. I'm entering my last year of my 20's. I've been thinking about it and have gone back and forth about if I'm happy about that or not. I have come to the conclusion that I am ok with it. I feel like I have grown a lot as a person this last year. I think I have had more trials this year than any other, however it has made me grow up and mature a little more. I feel like I am becoming an adult. I know that sounds funny....but for the longest time I haven't felt older than like 19. Well....I'm feeling the change. And I am digg'n it. I feel like I actually have a hold on a few things these days. I don't feel so out of control. I have learned that things felt out of control because I didn't take control. I'm taking it. I think one of the biggest things that will change this year is my weight. I have decided that I will have the body I NEVER had by the time I am 30. Dave and I started weight watchers in September. I have successfully lost 16 pounds and have kept it off. Much different than any other attempt at it. I know I will get the rest of my weight off and it will feel so good! I am going to ROCK 30!
In addition to the trials of last year I also was made more aware of the many blessings in my life. I have an awesome husband that loves me and puts his needs aside to make sure mine and the kids are met. I have two wonderful kids that take my breath away everyday! I have great parents, in-laws and brothers, sisters and a sweet little niece! I am so lucky to have the family that I have! For these blessings and many more I am so thankful. So here's to 29....may it be the best year yet!
Thank you to all of you who have wished me a happy birthday! You have really made my day!

7 comments:

Welcome to Newman's World said...

Happy birthday girl I loved turning 30 loved it.. Just something to look forward to...

Anonymous said...

That's what it's all about...taking control & you've learned it early on. If you let life just roll by without taking control and let everything just "happen" you will never reach your goals or find the happiness you truly deserve. Nobody is going to watch out for you or your particular needs except you. Putting your husband and family first is a good thing, but don't lose yourself, your identity as a person, by being a mom and wife. You need to still strive for those things you dreamt about and wanted as a single person (education, activities you love, etc.). You are a wonderful person with so much worth and you deserve all the happiness and joy you can reap. Always set aside time for the things that you enjoy. May God bless you always, Courtney. We love you and are very thankful that you joined our family. k

Ambrea said...

Happy Birthday!

Mrs. V said...

I'm late....but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Anonymous said...

Happy LATE birthday! sorry i'm late. i'm glad you feel the way you do about your age,cause i am soooooo not there yet. i'm giving Justin a hard time cause he's turning 30 at the end of the month. CRAZY!

Chelsy said...

Court...I meant to send you a happy b-day on your birthday, but things were SUPER crazy at work that day and it all got away from me! SORRY! HAPPY belated BIRTHDAY!

Way to go with the weight watchers. Rand's parents did that while Rand was on his mission. They were really good sticking to it and doing it together made a huge difference for them. His mom lost 100 pounds and his dad lost over 200. It's a great program that taught them so much about eating right and excercising. They decided to do it again starting this month just to help keep things in check.

And enjoy 29...some of us are hitting 30 this year!!! Though I must admit, I'm not all that concerned about it...just another year and number. :o)

Marc and Stacy said...

I never commented on your birthday post...but I love you and happy birthday!
what a sweet note from kathy!

About Us

My photo
Fair Oaks, California, United States
We were married in June of 2004. We have 2 beautiful Children Andalyn who is 4 and Ryan who is 2. We love life and doing things together as a family!