Friday, January 2, 2009

New Years Eve Family Trip to the Snow

On New Years Eve, Dave and I decided to take the kids to the snow since he had the day off. We drove up Hwy 50 for about 25 miles towards Tahoe, and then took some side roads, and ended up in a place called "Ice House"....sounds cold to me!! We found this beautiful spot and it couldn't of been a more perfect day. It was sunny and warm actually. We only wore sweatshirts, well the kids and I did.


Daddy and Ryan.


Andalyn check'n out the snow.


Andalyn building a snow man...she had one ball with two sticks for arms and a small bundle of leaves for hair...so cute!


My two cute kids butts in the snow.


Ryan check'n out the snow.


We found this perfect spot for Andalyn to slid down ...it was just like a slide at the park. She loved it!


Here she is at the bottom waiting for her friend that she met at the snow. It was another 3 year old...they had a blast together sliding down the snow!

Here they are at the very top of this huge hill ready to go down on an intertube that this little girls family had. They were so nice. The girls did this over and over again until it was time to go. I'm sure this is one of many trips up to the snow this winter season...we had a great time!

3 comments:

Anna Min said...

Look at all that snow! I'm jelous we don't have a quick retreat to snow...just ice:) And where's Dave's coat?
Brrr.

Chelsy said...

25 miles! I WISH! If I want to visit FEET of snow, I just walk outside my front door! UGH! It's so cold. I need to just buck up and spend the money to go skiing once this year so that I feel like I got something out of it. I've already taken a fall on the ice and cut up my shin too! Driving home from a friends on Sunday night we saw on a electronic billboard that is was 4 degrees. I need some warm weather!!! I said I'd never live in SoCal...but it's looking pretty good right now!

Glad you enjoyed it! Be grateful you don't live in it! :o)

Marc and Stacy said...

We have been talking about going to the snow with Tana for days...still hasn't happened. You guys are great parents. Looks like you had an absolute blast! :)

About Us

My photo
Fair Oaks, California, United States
We were married in June of 2004. We have 2 beautiful Children Andalyn who is 4 and Ryan who is 2. We love life and doing things together as a family!