Friday, November 28, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!

I love this time of year. It gives everyone a chance to really reflect on the things that we are thankful for!! As Dave and I were driving from My parents house in Elk Grove where we had our Thanksgiving feast, to my in-laws home in Folsom where we would end our holiday with some yummy homemade pies....he asked me what are the top 5 things I am thankful for. I thought I would share....now they aren't any spectacular things...but it is truly what I am thankful for.


1. My Husband Dave:
Although as married couples do....Dave and I have had some ups and downs in the last 4 1/2 years....I can not imagine my life without him. He is my everything. The only word I can think of when I think of him and what he means to me is......my SAFE place. I feel incredibly safe with him. I trust him with all of my heart. I know that he would do anything for me or our kids. With that being said...I am so thankful for the ups and downs of marriage because if we didn't have those, I know I would not be at this place in my life and feel the way I do about my husband. Dave knows that feeling "safe" is A #1 in my book....and to me honey....you are that safe place for me. I love you!

2. My Kids, Andalyn and Ryan:
I eat, sleep and breath my kids as mothers do. Sometimes that can be wonderful and sometimes it can be a lot to handle. However when I look at my kids and remember where they came from and how uniquely special they are....I fall in love with them as if it was the day I gave birth to them. Nothing will ever take those moments away and for that I am eternally grateful!!

3. Our extended family:
Family means the world to me!! Those who know me well, knows that I am so happy to be back in California....although we only spent a year and a half in Albuquerque, I still was ready to come home. I find such strength in being around my family and my in-laws. I love them all so much! They have been such huge supports to us in every aspect of life. There is nothing like the love of a family.

4. Dave's Job:
If it wasn't for Dave's job with Verizon Wireless we would not have the opportunity for our kids to grow up with there mommy at home. This may not be on everyone's priority list and that's ok...but for us is was. Both of us were so blessed to have mothers who stayed home with us while we were kids. For this we are eternally grateful to our mothers. For that reason we felt it was so important to provide that to our kids. Not only that, but Dave's job provides us with the means we need to live comfortably and have the necessities of life. Thank you honey for working so hard and such long, funky hours! :)

5. A roof over our heads:
I know this one kida fits in with the last one...but when I think about how lucky I am to have a roof over our heads and a bed to put my kids down every night in. I feel incredibly blessed because I know that not everyone is so lucky. I am thankful for a roof that doesn't leak if the weather is bad. I am also thankful for walls that allow us to dwell in a safe place where my children feel loved and where the spirit can be felt.

I hope all of you, even though it is a few days past thanksgiving can dwell and ponder on the thinks you are thankful for even the most simplest of things.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!

1 comment:

Marc and Stacy said...

I'm sad we only got to see you for 5 seconds, but I am thankful for YOU this Thanksgiving. Thank you for always being my best friend and big sister! :)

About Us

My photo
Fair Oaks, California, United States
We were married in June of 2004. We have 2 beautiful Children Andalyn who is 4 and Ryan who is 2. We love life and doing things together as a family!