Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Happy Birthday Dave!! We love you!!


Monday July 28th was Dave's 32nd birthday. This year Dave made it really easy on me and planned his whole birthday months ago. He decided he wanted to go see Paramore in concert at the Grand Sierra Resort in Reno Nevada. He then planned for us to stay overnight at the resort, this way we didn't have to drive the 2 hours back home at 11:30 at night.


Once we dropped Andalyn and Ryan off at my mom's house it was off to Reno we go....
Out of all of the mini trips we have taken together, besides our honeymoon, this has to be one of our favorites. We had so much fun. Once we got settled into our room we went in search of the perfect birthday dinner. We ended up finding this Italian place called Dolce.


We had the most amazing dinner. We started out with something called "Fresh & Crispy" it was very lightly breaded shrimp, calamari, and zucchini with a couple different sauces to dip them in. The presentation on all the dishes we had were incredible. We then split a salad that was this prefect little Italian salad with greens, salami, olives, avocado, red onion, and shredded cheese with a wonderful balsamic vinaigrette. Ok, now that I have all of your mouths watering. :) We are only half way done. For dinner Dave had Chicken Gnocchi and I had Grilled Salmon with Lobster Potatoes. Oh my gosh....both dishes were amazing!! The waitress ended our meal with a sweet desert just for Dave.




Once we were finished at Dolce, we almost had to ask the waitress to roll us out. We were so stuffed. But well worth that "oh my gosh I can't even walk feeling". And the best part of it all, is that on Mondays everything on the menu is 50% off. We ate like Kings for 40 bucks!!
Once we walked off some of our food, and freshened up in our room, it was off to the concert. It was in a standing room only room which made for very soar feet this morning however it was well worth it. The concert was amazing. This was Paramore's first stop on their first headlining tour. They are a very young christian based rock band. The oldest one in the band is like 23, but the rest of them are like 19 and 20. Because they are such a young band, there were 90% teenagers at the concert , 9% parents and then Dave and I made up the last 1%, "big kids" that love the band. :) We were asked by a parent if we had kids at the concert, a little embarrassed, we said "No, we just really like the band." :)

Here is a video clip from the concert.


After the concert we walked our aching feet to our room. We plopped on our big comfy bed and went to sleep.
Happy Birthday Honey, I love you so much and enjoyed our time together in Reno. I feel like these little snippets of time that we get to spend together, just the two of us, makes me fall in love with you all over again. You make me feel like the giddy girl that had a huge crush on you when we started dating. Thank you for always being able to bring me back to such a wonderful time.

3 comments:

Marc and Stacy said...

Happy Birthday Dave! I'm glad you guys had such a fabulous trip. I was reading this post to Marc and he was like, "Man, we need to do something like that." I, of course, agreed. Hopefully for my birthday in October or something. He needs a vacation...and I just need some time with him! :)
Sounds like the resort and dinner were awesome. Maybe we'll go there. I like Paramore too from what I've heard...I didn't realize they were such a young band.

Welcome to Newman's World said...

HAPPY B`DAY CASHMONEY!!!!!!

Welcome to Newman's World said...

OH that is SO Sweet Happy B~day to him.... Dont you just love being with your hubby all by yourself.Im so glad you had a great time...

About Us

My photo
Fair Oaks, California, United States
We were married in June of 2004. We have 2 beautiful Children Andalyn who is 4 and Ryan who is 2. We love life and doing things together as a family!